Turbine Inlet Air Cooling
Power augmentation with low capital cost
Do you need to increase power output but are not willing to invest in new turbines? With Gas Turbine Inlet Air Cooling your turbine-based power plant will enhance its capacity by up to 30 % by cooling down the turbine intake air. This technology is perfect for hot climates with high ambient temperatures that usually coincide with on-peak hours of demand.
ARANER is the global Turbine Inlet Air Cooling Company. Our tailor-made solutions for indonesian market are perfect both for new and already existing installations. Maximize the turbine output and improve the energy efficiency of your gas turbines engines during hot weather with gas turbine inlet cooling.
Advanced gas turbine engineering
ARANER offers comprehensive gas turbine cooling solutions in Indonesia, going from the design to the installation on the new or already existing power plant. If the turbine power plant already exists, ARANER designs and implements a filter house modification with minimal impact and introduces the Extended Surface Heat Exchanger (ESHX), the most efficient way for indirect cooling.
Especially when the turbine inlet air cooling is needed only during some hours a day (peak demand), it is extremely beneficial to implement a TESTIAC configuration, which combines TIAC with a Thermal Energy Storage Tank. With a TES Tank the net increase in power output is maximized and the cooling plant required are reduced, reducing also the project cost.
How does turbine inlet air chilling work
Power output and turbine compressor efficiency are proportional to the inlet air flow rate and the pressure ratio, which decrease with higher temperatures. Furthermore, the electricity consumption peak time coincides with warmer air temperature during the day.
With the ARANER’s TIAC System this negative effect is compensated thanks to the turbine inlet temperature increase. The turbine will have constant and chilled inlet air temperature, increasing the power output and maintaining it constant against temperature changes. It creates a direct economic benefit in two ways, increasing the annual average output MW and savings in comparison to additional turbine installation.
State-of-the-art TIAC solution with ARANER
- Selectable and constant inlet air temperature with ARANER Adaptative Temperature (AAT)
- Fast system delivery compared with new turbine installation
- Avoid GT output fluctuance produced by ambient conditions
- Lower price per generated megawatt compared with new GT plant
- No extra auxiliaries’ equipment needed. (same transformer and generator)
- Recognized green technology with carbon credits
TIAC is widely accepted by gas turbine OEM’s and has been proven safe and reliable in hundreds of installations in Indonesia, whether they are combined-cycle, simple-cycle or cogeneration systems.
Continue reading in our blog
- Gas Turbines Review: Siemens, GE, Ansaldo and MitsubishiNo one can dispute the important role played by gas turbines in power plants today. They are the brain and heart of electricity production. Feed a gas turbine with natural gas or any [...]Read more