ARANER is a worldwide engineering firm developing groundbreaking, custom solutions in commercial heating, cooling, and industrial refrigeration. We pride ourselves on our work in District Cooling due to its ability to solve the real issues of the future, including rising populations and temperatures. There is a great need for efficient, economic, and sustainable cooling technologies to solve these global issues. District Cooling (DC) is a forward-thinking solution for cities and commercial developments, where individual buildings no longer have their own cooling equipment, instead using a collective cooling system for the entire district. ARANER has more than 25 years of experience as a top District Cooling company in Dubai, the Middle East, and nearly every area of the globe. Continue reading to learn more about ARANER’s District Cooling team, expertise, and projects.
The ARANER Team
ARANER has established multiple corporate offices around the world. We know that efficient cooling is a global need and we want to be your provider, no matter where you’re located. The ARANER team has considerable experience employing state-of-the-art cooling solutions across a multitude of projects and locations. For each one of our specialization areas, we have an entire team of experts at your disposal. Isabel Rodriguez is our top District Cooling Specialist and she is always available to help you with a question or upcoming project. Our Commercial Manager, Guillermo Martinez, is based out of Dubai and is always happy to speak or meet with your company. We pride ourselves on taking the time and effort to understand the unique needs of each client.
Our Expertise in District Cooling
Our goal as a District Cooling company in Dubai and worldwide is to always be ahead of industry in terms of dependability, quality, and efficiency. We always strive to offer an innovative project management approach, coupled with in-depth experience, an expert team, and the most sophisticated tools, machinery, and equipment. To discover our District Cooling specializations, see below.
- An end-to-end provider: Responsibility and support from project start to finish; starting at concept design and analysis to project implementation and after-sales support.
- Tailor-made design: District Cooling plant design using tailor-made cooling systems, which are superior to modular, stand-alone installations.
- Experts in DC technologies: Complex simulations of cooling demand, climatology, and more, as well as financial and risk modelling.
- Transparent process: Adherence to global and local regulations, taking into account environmental regulations and LEED certifications, and using renewable energies wherever possible.
- Global partner: Excellent logistics capabilities with production centers in the Middle East and Europe, as well as partnerships with respected brands.
ARANER's District Cooling Technologies
We specialize in District Cooling as well as technologies such as Turbine Inlet Air Cooling (TIAC) and Thermal Energy Storage (TES). The tailor-made equipment that goes into an ARANER District Cooling plant includes:
- Heat Rejection Technologies: Water-cooled condenser, air-cooled condenser, river or seawater-cooled condenser. If water scarcity is an issue, we specialize in DC systems with ZERO water use.
- Industrial Pumping Systems: Distribution pumps, production pumps, and TES pumps.
- High-Efficiency Industrial Chillers: Vapor compression chillers, centrifugal chillers, screw chiller, absorption chillers, chillers with Remote Integrated Condensation, etc.
- Refrigerants: Ammonia, R513a, and more, always in line with environmental regulations. Our District Cooling systems are proven to reduce carbon emissions and other harmful chemicals.
- Thermal Energy Storage: DC plants combined with TES Tanks, where chilled water is stored in large tanks for use during peak hours. This results in cost and energy savings.
- More: Integrated Control Systems, study of cooling loads, computational fluid dynamics, chilled water network, Low Delta T, etc.
Notable District Cooling Projects in the Middle East
Zero Water Use Solution in Amman, Jordan
Figure 1: Abdali Area, Amman, Jordan
ARANER designed an innovative and sustainable District Cooling plant in the Abdali District of Amman, Jordan. This real estate development is a luxury business and tourism hub, which meant that not only did the DC plant have to work without fail, but the District Cooling design had to integrate into the urban environment aesthetically. Our District Cooling solution offered:
- ZERO water use (due to the water scarcity in the area)
- The implementation of more efficient chillers
- Off-peak hour energy production to save money and energy
Seawater Cooling System in Aqaba, Jordan
Another important District Cooling project that ARANER has worked on is the Ayla Oasis Resort, a luxury resort around a human-made lagoon in the seaside town of Aqaba, Jordan. The goal was to install an environmentally friendly and efficient direct cooling system; this system would generate chilled water for cooling purposes with ZERO freshwater consumption and a fully automated sea water filtration system . ARANER developed a seawater cooled chiller with direct condensation to reduce both the capital costs of the original solution and future electric charges.
DC for Data Centers in Doha, Qatar
District Cooling can also incorporate Thermal Energy Storage. During the construction of the additional offices of the Al Ashghal Data Center, the Public Works Authority of Qatar found themselves in need of data centers with a powerful cooling plant. Since an emergency cooling source would be needed to maintain those low temperatures in the event of a power outage, Thermal Energy Storage was selected to achieve reliable backup cooling. ARANER’s unique design also maximized energy use and provided for higher TES Tank efficiency.
If you are in the market for customized solutions to implement into your project and want the reassurance of guaranteed success, contact ARANER today. We provide you with tailor-made, advanced solutions developed specifically for your project. Moreover, we pride ourselves on our project and quality management methodologies, combined with in-depth experience, planning and design, allowing us to always cater to your needs and maintain a perfect District Cooling project schedule. Get in touch with ARANER, a top district cooling company in Dubai, to find out everything you need to know about seawater and river District Cooling systems!